Once you have identified your pages, there are aspects you should determine for each:
- Page Title – your page link and menu display will be automatically created from the page title but you can change that if you need to
- Page Parent – this identifies where the page fits in the hierarchy of your website
- Page teaser – optional text that can display under the page title
- Page content – text and images that will display on that page
- Sidebar – Will the page have a sidebar and if so, which one (you can create as many sidebars as you want)
- Comments – Will you allow comments on the page or not
The Page Title is the most important property. Pages need to have a Title and then be saved before they are created in your website. All other properties are optional.
There are some other page properties you can set, that are less important or are intended for specific purposes. Most of those properties can be changed at any time, with little consequence.
The Page Permalink (the address of the page on the web) will be automatically determined based on the Page Title and the Page Parent.
For example the Service #1 page in the list above, will have an address that may look like this:
If you move it around, say to be under the Portfolio section, the page address will become:
[note_box]When you create pages, be mindful the Page Parent and the Page Title are as intended. If you later move the page to be under another parent, the permalink will automatically change and any older links to that page will be broken.[/note_box]