Our goal is to provide you with resources and step-by-step directions so you can do everything yourself, as long as you have interest, time and some technical aptitude. If you prefer to hire a professional, use this info as a guide. If you want to work with us, contact our website development team.
Phases of Development, Step-by-Step
When you create a new website, you should go through following phases. Each phase may be done by you, a website designer or a consultant with expertise in that specific area.
- Research – Market research; get clarity on why you need a website and what you want from it
- Planning – Website planning; identify features and create your website structure and content
- Development – Website development; build your website pages and implement other features
- Marketing – Marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) to maximize your website benefits
- Maintenance – Website maintenance; nurture, grow and keep your website in top shape
Phase 1. Market Research
This step is typically done by you as the person (or organization) that best knows your needs, goals, competition, etc. We provide you with a guide on what you aspects you need to cover.
Learn more about the website research phase →
Phase 2. Website Planning
This step is typically done by you as the person (or organization) that best understands your business and content. Work will need to be done to shape the website structure, write the text for your website pages, identify images, etc.. We provide you with a guide on what tasks you will need to do. If you do not have the time of interest to do this, you can outsource this to an outside consultant to do some or all for you. We can also perform this service for you, for a fee.
Learn more about the website planning phase →